Our office is open to maintain essential business functions and provide legal services.  We are committed to the safety and well-being of our Firm, clients, business partners and the community at large. At this time we are asking members of the public to please call ahead before attending our premises. 

I slipped and fell on a sidewalk covered with ice and snow and I fractured my wrist. What should I do?

As the temperature drops, winter’s wet and icy conditions increase the number of slip and falls outside.  Roads and sidewalks become layered with ice and slick snow making the simplest walk a hazard. If you find yourself injured due to a slip and fall accident, there are a number of steps you should take to protect your rights.
You should immediately seek medical attention and have a physician document your injuries.  Many injuries are less obvious (a concussion) and you should be thoroughly examined after the fall. You should also report the incident to the police. They will in most cases complete a report.  You should also contact the property owner and inform him of the hazard on his property.
If you fall on City property you should immediately contact the municipality by sending a registered letter to the Clerk of the municipality.  Failure to give the City proper notice within 10 days can prevent you from bringing a successful claim.
Lastly, contacting an experienced personal injury lawyer immediately after your fall will ensure that any time limits and notice requirements are protected.
Anandi Naipaul
Anandi Naipaul
P: 905.572.5820