Francesca is a Personal Injury Lawyer and Partner at Ross & McBride LLP.
She obtained both her Bachelor of Arts and her Master of Arts from the University of Western Ontario, and in recognition of her academic excellence, Francesca was awarded a Special University Scholarship and Graduate Teaching Scholarship. After completing her graduate studies, she received her law degree from McGill University and joined Ross & McBride in 1998 to complete her articles.
Francesca was called to the Ontario Bar in 2000.
Francesca's area of practice is plaintiff personal injury that is she works exclusively for injured people and their families to move forward after the injury. Francesca knows how important it is to put her clients' minds at ease. Over the years, she's helped hundreds of people dealing with personal injuries. Many of her clients are children.
Francesca is the Interim President of the Hamilton Brain Injury Association, a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Hamilton Law Association, Hamilton Lawyers Club and the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association. She is the past-President of the Hamilton Lawyers Club, and the articling principal at Ross & McBride.
Francesca has extensive court experience conducting trials before the Superior Court of Justice, and has acted as counsel before many boards and tribunals. She has written a number of articles as a columnist for the Spectator and the Town of Oakville newspaper and as a Contributing Editor for Case Notes, the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association monthly publication. In addition, she has lectured at various conferences, community hospitals and associations.
When Francesca is not working on behalf of injured people and their families, she enjoys spending time with her husband and her two sons.
Francesca can provide legal services in both English and Italian.
Areas of Expertise
- Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Disability Insurance
- Insurance Litigation
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Orthopedic injury
- Injured child
- Faulty product injury
- Pedestrian accidents - motor vehicle accidents, hit and run accidents
- Denied or termination of accident benefit claims
- Wrongful death claims
- Slip and Fall accidents
- Recreational vehicle accidents (ATV, snowmobile, boating, watercraft)
Organizations and Activities
- Hamilton Brain Injury Association (Interim President)
- Canadian Paraplegic Association Ontario, Annual Wheelchair Relay Challenge Committee
- Disability Section of Ontario Trial Lawyers Association (Member- 2000 to present)
- Hamilton Lawyers Club (Executive Member)
- Contributing Editor, Case Notes, Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- St. Thomas More Lawyers Guild (Executive Member and Trustee)
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association (Member)
- Member, Medical-Legal Society
- Hamilton Law Association (Member)
- Advocates Society (Member)
- Halton District Catholic School Board - Parents Council
I have a family member in the hospital after a serious car crash, will the lawyer come to the hospital to meet with us or should we wait until my family member is discharged home?
I heard that there are special notice and time requirements if you want to sue a municipality for failing to salt and sand a roadway that caused a car accident and injuries, is that true? What is it?
If your auto insurer has inappropriately cut off your weekly income replacement benefit (IRB), you have the right to dispute this termination.