Joanne is family lawyer and partner at Ross & McBride. She received her LL.B. from the University of Western Ontario in 1987. She was called to the Bar in 1989. Joanne has practiced law at Ross & McBride since her Call to the Bar and has been a Partner with the firm since 1993, having held the position of Vice Chair and Chair of the firm.
Her practice is restricted to family law involving all aspects of same. Joanne received her Collaborative Law Designation and has recently begun developing her mediation practice.
Joanne was a Family Law instructor fot eh Law Society of Upper Canada's Bar Admission's Course, Past Chair of the Hamilton Lawyers' Club, Hamilton Family Court Liaison and Community Resources Committees, previous Board Member of the Supervised Access Facility and Member of the Hamilton Law Association's Services and Benefits Committee. Joanne continues her involvement with a variety of different Boards over the years, currently serving as Chair of the Catholic Youth Organization, Secretary for Alternatives for Youth and Board Member of Villa Italia.
Joann is a mother of three, and continues her involvement in her community with a variety of sports teams.
Areas of Expertise
Organizations and Activities
- Ross & McBride Vice-Chair 2012
- Ross & McBride - Chair 2008 - 2012
- Villa Italia - Board of Directors 2012 - present
- Alternatives for Youth - Board of Directors - 2012-present
- Law Society of Upper Canada (Bar Admissions Course Instructor 2005, 2006, 2007)
- Hamilton Lawyers Club (President 2000/2001, Board Member since 1989)
- Hamilton Law Association - Committee Member 2009 - 2011
- St. Thomas More Lawyers Guild (Board Member, Treasurer 1989 - 2004)
- Law Society of Upper Canada - Judicia Project
- Ontario Court of Justice (Family Court) Community Resource Committee (1992 - 1998, Chairperson 1998, Supervised Access Sub-Committee Member)
- YWCA (President, Board of Directors - 1998 - 2003)
- Catholic School Council Chairperson (2001 - 2004)
- Volleyball, Basketball and Soccer Coach/Manager, on-going
- CYO - Board of Directors, 2007 - present
I am a parent, the other parent doesn’t give me any information about my child. Am I entitled to information?
This was the very question considered in the Judgment of Justice Edward dated November 14, 2014.