Articles & Resources

My teenage grandson was injured in a car accident. I have a very close relationship with my grandson. Can I sue the at fault party for my damages?

The Family Law Act recognizes that family members can be affected and suffer losses and damages as a result of the injury or death of a loved one.  Certain family members including, children, parents, spouses, siblings and grandparents may be entitled to recover damages in addition to the injured or deceased person.  The family member can only sue if the injured person is hurt due to the negligence of another and is or would be entitled to recover damages for that injury.