Ross & McBride is pleased to welcome Shene Harris into our firm’s partnership

I slipped on the sidewalk; how long do I have to sue the city?

If you are bringing a personal injury claim against a municipality, it is important to know that certain claims are subject to a requirement that you provide notice of the injury and circumstances to the municipality within ten business days from when the incident occurred.

Judge delivers sweet justice to discriminatory employer

It is rare to find an employer quite stupid enough to reduce to writing its propensity toward age discrimination.

Can I sue if I am being harassed at work?

Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act requires employers to have policies addressing workplace violence and harassment. Employees can report harassment to their employer, and an employer who becomes aware of violence or harassment has an obligation to act, even if there is no formal complaint.

Employers beware: new legislation starting Jan. 1 makes employees out of contractors

Contractors will be entitled to statutory holiday pay, minimum wage, and vacation pay.

Legal Matters: Is your business ready for the new Transparency Register requirements?

Starting January 1st, all private Ontario corporations will be required to maintain a Transparency Register.

Legal Matters: What is the oppression remedy?

The Ontario Business Corporations Act (“OBCA”) and the Canada Business Corporations Act (“CBCA”) afford various rights to the shareholders of a corporation. If a shareholder’s rights are breached, it can turn to the OBCA or the CBCA for a variety of legal remedies.

Employment law: Sexual harassment at the holiday party

Nobody should be made to feel uncomfortable or harassed within their work environment.

Legal Matters: Why start a union in your workplace?

If you don’t have a union in your workplace, it may be a good time to start thinking about whether a union would benefit you and your colleagues.

Welcoming Renee Roy to our Family Law Group

Ross & McBride is pleased to welcome Renee Roy as Associate Counsel to our Family Law practice.